If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. ~ Henry David Thoreau







Friday, July 8, 2011

The F Word

It has been forever since I sat down to write. Given the major memories we have had recently (my graduation, applying to Grad school, summer time with my kids, etc.) I wish I had a life-altering, philosophical writing to offer you.

I got nothin'.

Instead, I am gracing your presence with a phase my child is going through.....replacing every possible verb with the F word. Yep, the F word. The worst thing is that every time she says it, her sister laughs hysterically while I go into a hysterical fit as why it is inappropriate and disgusting. It is inappropriate, disgusting and I'm certain my disapproval only makes it more appealing.

Fart. It is a disgusting word. And it has become Chloe's word for everything.

In the backseat of the car, she will sing songs replacing appropriate verbs with the word Fart...."I fart those days as they go by, oh, nothing sweeter than fart time"

When she is frustrated you will hear her say, "FART!"

When she's happy...she will repeat over and over, "oh yeah, fart!" "oh, yeah, fart!"

She has discovered a way to irritate the ever-loving hell out of me and she is using it.

As we are driving home from the dentist today, I am listening to my beautiful, amazing, wonderful daughter sing....her voice so sweet. And then she starts, "oh yeah...fart....fart....fart". The wonder and beauty fly out the window and I resist the urge of climbing in the backseat. Mean time, Ava is laughing so hard, she's crying.

I am ready for this stage to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment